Andrew M. Pierz
- Of Counsel
Andrew Pierz is an up-and-coming litigator who has already proven himself in a myriad of complex cases at both State and Federal Court level involving trade secrets, patent infringement, securities fraud, copyrights, and trademarks. With both law firm and in-house experience, Pierz is able to especially capable at handling the needs of small businesses and individual clients who are worried that their case would not get the attention it deserves at a large law firm.
Possessing a technical background in computer science, Pierz is always up to date on the ever-changing world of software patents and litigation and his cases cover a wide spectrum of advanced technologies including biotechnology and cloud computing.
Yet whether his case involves a large corporation embroiled in a trade secret suit, a small business owner facing a breached contract, or an individual who needs restitution from a fraudulent investment scheme, there is no matter or detail too small to be given his full attention. Adept at discovery, Pierz always ensures that the burdens litigation can place on his clients are minimized wherever possible and strives to always be accessible and open to his clients' questions and concerns.
Areas Of Practice
- Patent, TradeMark, Copyright, and Trade Secrets
- Business and Commercial litigation
- 80% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- California, 2013
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 2017
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 2015
- Santa Clara University School of Law, Santa Clara, California
- J.D. - 2013
- DePaul University, Chicago, Illinois
- B.A. - 2008
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: Secondary Education, History and Math
- West Valley/Mission College, Santa Clara, California
- (Non-Degree) - 2015
- Major: Computer Science – data structures, web infrastructure and relational databases